Old November 18th 04, 02:34 AM

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:08:53 GMT, Jonathan Goodish
wrote:

I do have the Piper maintenance manuals for the airplane, but it appears
that the maintenance manual for the electric trim system is not included
for the Archer II. I assume that either the servo clutch is bad or the
jack screw needs to be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled due to too
much resistance (though the manual trim wheel is not hard to move).

Does anyone have a suggestion, or know where I can locate the
maintenance manual?

Assuming that the trim servo in question is not part of an installed
autopilot with pitch/trim authority, it is probably a PET-1 servo
(Piper Electric Trim).

Have you verified that the clutch is slipping, as opposed to the cable
slipping on the capstan? Both are typical problems.

The servo is simple and easy to repair, finding parts and a manual is
a lot more difficult than "fixing" it. This data is not in the
maintenance manual/IPC.

I know of several sources for this information, but unfortunately they
rely on repairing these units as a source of income.

TC