Old December 18th 03, 11:59 PM
George Vranek

"JIM105" wrote in message
Not hardly. On numerous occasions in the -76 I'm asked to slow during

the
approach because I'm gaining on the airliner in front of me. One of the

nicest
things you can hear from ATC. On the other hand, I can't take the 76 500

miles
without refueling and getting above much of the weather like the tilt

rotor
will be able to do (someday).

Jim

It's hardly to believe, that the tilt rotor will be able (someday) to fly so
fast and so far as a conventional turboprop and lift in hovering so much as
a conventional helicopter with the same installed power, because the tilt
rotor (tilt wing) has not and could never have optimal rotors for hovering
and optimal props for cruising. But the disk rotor helicopter shown on the
www.vranek.ch/diskrotor.htm will be able (someday) to cruise as fast as a
Lear Jet above all of the weather and lift in hoverig so much as a
conventional helicopter with the same installed power.

George