Old March 23rd 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Practice IMC in real IMC

I would find out what areas are used by Center for such
purposes and ask for a "block altitude for maneuvers" but
I'd be sure you have a high ceiling so you can recover if a
real problem happens. The military has ejection seats and
they use them on occasion.

I've done this on several occasions. Center will often a
lot you a big block, if you're planning on doing unusual
attitudes, better have as block from the MEA up to your
starting altitude, Center expects you will stay above lower
traffic.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

wrote:
| Then of course there's the added motivation. This is one
video game
| you can't afford to lose.
|
| Heh. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who considers
flying in IMC
| to be a form of "extreme videogaming". It's a hella
lotta fun, but