Old February 5th 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

Default Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed)

"Flaps_50!" moreflaps gmail.com wrote:

John Doe j... usenetlove.invalid wrote:

Is there such a calculation/formula? How can you tell what
propeller to use, how fast it should rotate, and how much weight
it can push along the ground?

Specifically... I would like to tell what sort and size of
propeller rotating at what speed, in calm air to push 100 or 200
pounds on smooth and level pavement with zero rolling resistance
to about 20 mph.

20 mph is too fast for taxying.

Okay then, use 10 mph.

What are you asking about -zero rolling resistance????

Providing givens is common when asking for a calculation. By
suggesting zero rolling resistance, I was trying to make it easier
or at least achievable for anyone who has a clue. The fact that
you do not have a clue is useful information, but I could have
figured that out without your babbling.
--

Cheers

see also Google Groups