Old September 21st 04, 10:36 PM
B2431

From: "Guinnog65" lid
Date: 9/21/2004 3:50 PM Central Daylight Time
"B2431" wrote in message
From: "Guinnog65"
lid
Date: 9/21/2004 12:50 PM Central Daylight Time
"B2431" wrote in message

(snip defensive pro US stuff)

Good, and you also snipped your own uninformed commentary.

Getting rid of Hussein was a good thing. The other freedoms you refer to
will not count for much until or unless there is law and order and an
end
killing.

If everything settles down in 6 months and Iraq is at peace will you
come
back
and tell us the U.S. did a good thing?

Oh yes. No problem. And if green men come and ask me to take them to my
leader, I'll be prepared for that too!

It is a reflection on how things have gone since the invasion that
so many Iraqis will support the terrorists. It is a worse one that many
Iraqis actually regret the passing of Hussein. If that isn't a vote of
no
confidence, what is it?

OK, let's revisit another war for a moment. The vast majority of the
Soviet
populace hated Stalin. Many initially welcomed Hitler's invasion. Almost
to a
person the Soviets banded together to expel and invader. This happens in
almost
every invaded country situation. Look at the coalition that expelled
Sadam
from
Kuwait and how nations that didn't get along with each other did so for
the
cause.

Wow! So you are comparing the US forces with the Wehrmacht?

Did I say that? I was comparing the Soviet reaction to the invasion.

So you would consider the Iraqis the invaders? In their own country? A
somewht unusual way of looking at things!

Since you insist on not reading what I wrote this discussion is closed.

And you call
*me* anti-American! (I am not, btw, I am anti this illegal invasion)

The invasion was perfectly legal since sadam defied a dozen UN
resolutions,
abrogated his own agreements with the U.S. and had consistanly been
shooting at
U.S. and British aircraft that were enforcing the no fly zones sadam
agreed
to.

Not a point of view shared by Kofi Annan of the UN. Nor by the majority of
people I talk to.

There was a thing mentioned a lot at the time of the war about WMDs. Now
that this justification for the war has turned out to be false, do you still
have no problem at all about the war's legality?

They do have the same helmets I suppose...

The helmets don't even look anything alike.

I think they look very similar. And like alot of the Nazi kit, it was a very
good design.

In my collection I have one of each type of German steel helmet to see
production. I also have the current U.S. helmet. They do not look alike. This
discussion is closed.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired