Old January 14th 21, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default US 2021 Pilot Ranking List Online

Special recognition to John for re-calculating all the rankings to include an additional year so as to compensate for the near total loss of the 2020 season. Because we did have a couple of contests in 2020 and 19 pilots achieved rankings based on those contests, it took a special effort to ensure everyone got the ranking they deserved.

Thank you John - and all the other volunteers who make all of this work for glider racing in the US.

Andy Blackburn
Chair, Contest Rules Committee
9B

On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 1:18:48 PM UTC-8, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Thursday, January 14, 2021 at 1:43:55 PM UTC-5, John Seaborn (A8) wrote:
Hats off to Mr. John Leibacher.

John takes time out of his very full schedule to maintain the contest ranking lists, waypoint lists, US team lists, and a host of other resources that help keep the dream alive when it comes to soaring. We tend to think all this happens, but John was one of the first to recognize the need for a central data site for the new GPS waypoint files that were springing up when Dave Ellis released the Cambridge Aero GPS recorders and navigation devices. John then made this data available in other compatible formats as more GPS systems became available. John has been diligent over the intervening years to keep the files updated on a GLOBAL basis. He is one of the treasures and a hero of our gliding community. See https://soaringweb.org/

+1
He Da best!
UH