Old December 8th 03, 02:09 AM

I don't see how a Bensen Gyro can be used for hours. I thought time
in ultralights couldn't be counted. As far as the mixed bag of
helicopters, I could not find anything in the rules that say it has to
be the same make and model. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place,
but 61.109 uses the phrase "in a helicopter" which I take to mean
*any* helicopter.

I really wish Zemlock was a little closer to me. I'm in S. FL and,
while there is no shortage of helicopter schools near me, there isn't
any as cheap as Zemlock. I'll bet this guy is also an A&P and that's
how he gets the rate down.

The cheapest school near me is $190/hr dual. I might be willing to
travel out of state, but CA from FL is just too far.

Dennis.

"Stu Fields" wrote:

All of my Schweitzer 300CB, Safari and even Benson Gyro time was included in
my rotary wing hours as well as the Bell 47.
BTW: Zemlock trains a bunch of the law-enforcement types from all over Calif
plus...He has had guys from all over. One in particular is the president of
a non Bell helicopter co. who got his rating in the Bell 47 because it was
easier for him to get away and concentrate on the rating with Zemlock.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm