Old August 18th 03, 04:53 PM
Corrie

Might try crossposting to the restoration and warbird community.
Lefty Gardner's "White Lighnin'" and Glacier Girl both have websites.
Most of the planes flown by this group weigh less than an Allison
1710. :-D

(Holger Stephan) wrote in message om...
I was contacted with a question about this engine and since I know zip
about it I'd like to relay this to the group.

"My husband pulls modified tractors and has just switched over to his
first allison engine. He is having problems with his CG aircraft
carburetor , the engine starts on the priming fuel but won't continue
running. There is fuel pressure - but there seems to be a spot where
the fuel stops flowing.... (ignore the wifely tries at explaining this
please!) OK so what I'm looking for is a manual or a website that may
have some answers - do you have any ideas that can help?"

Back in the 70's I was working with a group trying to save the last
B-36. We were contacted by a fellow that wanted to buy the power
package - carb, oil cooler, etc. - for one of the six Pratt & Whitney
R-4360 corncob radials. Seem's he'd found one, still packed in
Cosmolene, in a shipping canister half-buried in a field. He was a
tractor guy, too.