Old June 9th 04, 04:06 PM
Tammy

I know that Kerry earned four or five medals for bravery under fire or
similar action. Does anyone know how many medals for heroism Cheney
and Bush earned. I heard that it was less than Kerry.

(WalterM140) wrote in message ...
Where is Bush's certificate of Honorable Discharge?

I believe I've seen a copy on one posted on the Internet some time ago. The
real question is how much influence was exerted by his father the Congressman
get it issued. The answer to that little question seems to be clouded by
smoke
and mirrors, as our Repug friends are wont to say. Smoke usually coming from
fire, I daresay that his Congressional hand is in it somewhere although I
doubt
that, what with two presidents in the family, the public will ever learn the
truth about it.

George Z.

I was wrong. Officers don't get certificates of "Honorable Discharge". I have
a DD-214 that characterizes my service as honorable. My commission is still in
effect.

I do have two certificates of honorable discharge from when I was enlisted.
They came (as I recall) with little flag lapel pins.

Bush's record is incomplete. CBS has an article that says there are still
holes in it; as far as I -know-, no one has come forward in the Alabama
national guard to collect Gary Trudeau's $10,000 for saying they remember Bush.
However, the link on Doonesbury.com to that "contest" says that it has ended,
buit gives no results.

Bush's CO in Alabama -is- clearly on the record as saying that Bush never
reported to him.

Here is a link to where Bush was counseled that failure to perform adequately
in the Guard could result in involuntary call to active duty.

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc23.gif

Walt

Walt