Old June 10th 04, 11:17 AM
WalterM140

Here is a link to where Bush was counseled that failure to perform
adequately
in the Guard could result in involuntary call to active duty.

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/doc23.gif

Walt

Firstly that document is incomplete. Secondly nowhere does it sound like a
LOC.
I have written my share of LOCs and the tenor is "you are" not "I am."
Thirdly officers are not enlistees.

Bush did enlist in the Guard. Per the link that someone provided, he did six
weeks of basic.

Actually, the link I provided sounds like to sort of boilerplate CYA language
that every enlistee would sign. Upon reflection, there's no stigma in
signing it, eveyone would sign such a document. Then you couldn't whine that
no one ever told you you could be forced onto involuntary active duty.

As a WAG I'd say that looks more like a letter one would have to sign prior
entering the Guard.

You're right.

Walt