Old June 12th 04, 12:20 AM
Leslie Swartz

Georgr:

By refusing to acknowledge that there is such a thing as "objective
truth," you are ceding much of what it means to be a rational human being-
and for that, I pity you. You will never know the joy of rational inquiry.

Much of what separates Man from the Animal Kingdom is the awareness of
Truth- and the joy in its pursuit.

Of course I will let you have the last word- your kind needs it so very
much; you have little else.

And besides, this whole thing is so far off topic I am beginning to
despair of ever getting the newsgroup back.

Steve Swartz

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
Yeff wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:00:09 -0400, George Z. Bush wrote:

Ed, I expected you to argue all of the points I posed as a matter of
self-defense, and you didn't disappoint me. The point that I was

trying to
make, and it does not require a response from you, was that there are

people
who don't see things the way you do, and they're not necessarily wrong

just
because they differ with you.

But sometimes they *are* necessarily wrong. People arguing that

something
is a war crime when what they're arguing about doesn't meet that

definition
means those people are wrong. Period.

You might be right and you might be wrong, and putting "Period" at the end

of
your comment doesn't mean that the matter's been decided. You might wish

it'd
be that way, but that's not the way it works.

George Z.