Old June 14th 04, 11:21 PM
Billy Beck

Michael Wise wrote:

Billy Beck wrote:

One interesting thing I've noted is that Vietnam vets who fought
hand-to-hand combat seem to overwhelmingly be far less retroactively
gung-ho on the war than those who flew fixed wing far above. Why do you
suppose that is?

Maybe because they were fighting different kinds of wars. They each had
their own peculiar and different kinds of hell, but generally speaking, the one
aloft was a whole lot cleaner and smelled a whole lot better than the one on the
ground.

Uhm.. what the hell are you two doing here? Isn't there an
infantry group where you could go hang?

Were you asked to go to an architecture group when you posted here about
the symmetry of the Vietnam War Memorial? No? Then, pack sand.

Not bleedin' likely.

It's pretty funny, however, to watch this sort of thing. "Oooh,
their war was better than *their* war!" I might expect that sort of
rubbish from high-schoolers and other dip****s who have no earthly
idea what they're talking about, but I'm looking at a couple of
posters who surprised me with it.

Billy

http://www.two--four.net/weblog.php