Old December 11th 04, 03:33 PM
569

I'd go straight for the private pilot if I were you. Stay with, tray
to take at least one lesson per week, and you can do it in under a
year. MS Flight Sim 2004 is very good. If you can invest in rudder
peddles, do it. The CH pro peddels are about $100, and worth it. Read
often, join the AOPA and get the "flight training magazine" and read
often. When ever you can't get to a lesson, read, read, read, and fly
in flight sim. Try not to go to far ahead in flight sim, fly the 172
and only that if you can in flight sim, it makes things easier. Get
your medical certificate before flight lessons, this way if you get
denied you don't waste money. Hung around the airport, talk to pilots,
and absorbe the knowledge. Work hard, don't give up. Flight training
has natural highs and lows, and that is normal for EVERYONE. Don't be
concerned with your total hours, just with your current learning task.
Find a patient talented instructor. Be sure you have enough money
saved to complete training before you start 5,000-8,000 dollars. IF
you are concerned about ATC, listen to them via a scanner or internet
stream and just LISTEN to how the 'real' pilots do it. I too started
out on flight sim, and decided to do the real thing. Work hard, stay
focused, stay positive, and ask questions along the way. Don't be
nervous, just relax and good luck!