Old December 31st 03, 01:29 AM
bob

Default helping my dad

My sister and I recently bought our 70+ computer phobic father some flight
simulator gear. Dad was a F-86 fighter pilot getting out of flight school
just as the korean war ended.
because of this i purchased fs2002 and combat sim 2 because i saw/downloaded
the combat sim adaption that included the f-86/mig campaign. Bought a
sidewinder joystick, which installed so quickly that he was convinced it had
not installed. He has windows xp professional a 2400 mhz dell. It always
amazed me that he was certified to deal with nukes, but cannot find the
Start button (literally) if nukes had been controlled by computers back
then, I am not sure we would be here! My sister and i plan to buy him some
rudder pedals and even a better joystick if in fact he really starts using
it.

I am trying to help him long distance, and got him throught the installation
and registration and through the cessna training flight.

Can someone tell me some real simple things that I could direct him towards
to help him get into a little faster?
1) How does he review/assign what all the buttons on his joystick do?
2) How does he look around? That is, he appeared stuck on the forward view
with half the screen being the control panel. Is there a quick way to look
out the side window or view the plane from outside?
3) How does he get to the documentation (notice that i list this one last,
because I am realistic how often he will read it)

any suggetions on what flights or tricks i should suggest to him would also
be appreciated.

Bob