Old March 19th 04, 04:22 PM
Richard Kaplan

"Michael" wrote in message
om...

complex single. So my point is that the loophole would allow you to
teach and evaluate the multiengine portion of the ICC, and you
probably could not do that competently, but it's not required anyway.

OK, I agree there. Maybe this is actually helpful because if a twin-engine
pilot came to me to use my sim specifically so I could teach him how to use
a specific GPS or because he wanted to practice 0/0 landings then I could
put the sim in twin-engine mode to make him comfortable and still legally
log the instruction.

Now this is a dangerous loophole - all you need to do to be an IGI is
take two written multiple-guess tests. I would imagine this would be
well within the capability of most professionals with no flight
experience at all...

Yes, it is dangerous. I think in practice the way this is mostly used is to
allow rated pilots who are seeking the CFI rating to gain some experience
instructing in a flight training device. But the loophole does exist as you
note for someone who has never been inside an airplane in his life to sign
off an IPC.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com