Old January 11th 20, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Panel/Glare shield paint...

On Friday, January 10, 2020 at 5:58:15 PM UTC-8, soaringjac wrote:
On Sunday, January 5, 2020 at 4:40:02 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Rather than a question, this is more of a solution...

While I had attempted to match the color of my SH glider glare shield in the past, I was never willing to send off my glare shield to do a proper color match. As such my attempt was close, but it was noticeable if you were paying attention.

I recently was able to send off a sample to the folks at myperfectcolor and they did come up with a color that is much closer to a match of the Nextel paint that SH uses on their panels and glare shields.

Disclaimer, I have no financial interest in myperfectcolor.

I had them name the color "Schempp-Hirth Nexel".

I ordered 2 cans of it in their "Hedrix Fast Dry Acrylic Enamel Spray Paint" and painted a couple of 3D printed parts with it this past week. Below is a link to a picture I took yesterday of the 2 parts on top of my glare shield.

http://daziv.com/nextel/img_4294.jpg

If you look carefully, you'll notice that the color on my compass is a different shade than the other parts. This was my prior attempt. The 2 parts in the foreground are a much closer match.

https://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/pr...el-Spray-Paint

Mark

I just painted my glare shield and used this stuff. Works perfectly! zero reflection. https://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-19.../dp/B0009XB3NQ

Another option is to flock the glare shield:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XOX-9dSJ28

http://www.flockit.com/index.php/

Tom