Old February 23rd 05, 07:46 PM
gregscheetah

Ya,ya,ya,.....

A fact that any decent instructor should have covered with you during
your training.

This really helps the readers. While I'm sure you recall 100% of
everything you have ever heard, I usually require a little repetition
and practice in order to become proficient at anything.
Congratulations, and thanks for the pointer.

I was thinking that maybe there are others like me, who forgot that if
the FSS briefer tells you the ILS is in service, it may not actually be
in service. I thought maybe this thread would contribute to reminding
others that there are three sources of notams and that duats / fss does
not cover them all.

I can't wait to see what will happen when Lockheed takes over control
of the fss's.