Old May 19th 16, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

Default Parachute use in single seat gliders

On Thursday, 19 May 2016 02:46:16 UTC+2, wrote:
Best answer, just get it re-packed.

Several years ago someone on the west coast left their chute on the ground because it was out of date. Got caught in the clouds in wave and ripped the wings off killing themselves.

Kevin
92

That's a good example of where the decisions of authorities trumps logic.
I can only understand that sort of reasoning if you actually plan to use your chute for the flight (skydiving).

I have flown with expired chutes (just a couple of days past repacking - it was club equipment) and I'd rather be bust with an expired chute than find myself without one in an emergency like the poor sod mentioned above.