Old November 25th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Soaring Magazine 1937 through 1967 available online

On Nov 25, 1:01*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
Thanks. *We are making progress, but I see that the URL of the scanned
pages ends with .html rather than .pdf. *See, for example, any of the
links at:http://soaringweb.org/Soaring_Index/...pdf_index.html..

I don't know anything about computers, but wouldn't you use a .pdf
suffix for a PDF file? *Or am I still looking in the wrong place?

Trying to open a link either crashes Firefox, or I get a message that my
pdf reader (FoxIt) refuses to load.

Tim Taylor wrote:
On Nov 25, 10:09 am, Greg Arnold wrote:
Andy wrote:
On Nov 25, 2:09 pm, John Leibacher wrote:
http://soaringweb.org/Soaring_Indexisthetop level URL for the
index. *For any of the listings (by Issue, Subject, Author, etc...)
for a year in this interval, click on a highlighted page number to get
the scanned page. *Or you can select "Content" to get links to the
whole year, page by page.
Thanks for making this available. *I found the search easy to use and
found several references I wanted to look at. *That's as far as I was
able to go. *I tried clicking all over the place but never found out
how to get to the search results. *I saw no highlighted page numbers.
Is IE 6.x supported ?
Andy
No highlighted page numbers in Firefox.

Greg,

Try:

http://soaringweb.org/Soaring_Index/listings.html

Then pick any year from 1937 to 1967. *Or click on the "Contents" link
for those years and you should access the images of the pages in pdf
format. *Make sure you have a good pdf viewer installed on your
computer.

If you need a viewer try Adobe or any of the other free viewers out
there.

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

Greg,

Sounds like your pdf reader, FOXIT, is not working with the webpages.
Mine works fine with Adobe Acrobat Plug-in turned on.

You can load adobe acrobat and then make sure that the plug in is
turned on in FireFox.

Follow these menus in FireFox

Tools
Add-ons
Manage Add-ons
Click the plug-in tab and make sure that Adobe Acrobat Plug-in
is enabled.

Good luck