Old August 24th 03, 02:50 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On 23 Aug 2003 22:45:51 GMT, Stan Gosnell wrote:

(Hankal) wrote in
:

VOR frequency 108.6 on flip flop.
On one of my KX 155 I tried to put in 108.6. It would not
show as such. It was something like 109.0 then when I
flipped it to the left is showed as 108.6.
Strange and very confusing since I was setting up for the
VOR approach. Avionics shop is closed for the weekend.
Any ideas or solutions??
Hank N 1441p

You probably have a segment of the LED burned out. Watch as you
change it, & when you go one click past 107, you're at 108. The
only solution is to change the control head. That's going to be
an expensive LED.

I don't know what model KX155 you have Stan. There are a few different
one's out there. But on mine, the usual cause for the problem the OP
reported is dirty contacts. And the cleaning of them usually takes just a
few minutes. In addition, although I've not had to do it, the numbers can
be replaced separately from the control head.