Old October 13th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.military.retired,rec.aviation.military.naval
Ogden Johnson III

Default Need proof of trainin in Air Force Base in VA in 1969

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

"Ogden Johnson III" wrote:

"Daryl Hunt" wrote:

421X2 Pneudraulics Repairman

ROTFLMAOWTIME!!!!!

Only the Air Farce could come up with "Pneudraulics."

Hey, did you serve in the Air Farce? Only those that did deserve to use
that term. Otherwise, you can just use (*&)(&*D

Sort of. Two six-month deployments of our USMC Harrier Det to
operate out of Kadena AB.

And, of course, like our compatriots in the Army and Navy, we
suffered cruel and unusual treatment every time we had fly on one
of your [MATS/MATC/MAC/pick a name] C-141/C-5/C-130. One time
y'all left us stranded coming back from Denmark - standing beside
the runway with our thumbs out trying to hitch a ride on any
passing USAF cargo plane carrying all the REFORGER troops back.
I don't know whether our rear party OIC bribed or blackmailed
him, but finally after 10 hours one C-5 driver finally took pity
on us, and at least offered to take us to Dover with him where we
could arrange a ride with a real air transport company back to
Cherry Point.

[In the event, all that fancy navigation s[tuff] in the C-5's
front office paid off, and halfway across the Atlantic the PIC
told us that they were making great time, and could drop us off
at NKT without running out of either fuel or crew-hours before
getting back to Dover. So we didn't have to go to Plan B -
commercial air.]

Whether you like it or not, *anyone* who has served as a US
Marine, Soldier, or Sailor and has experienced the tender mercies
of the USAF has earned the right to use the term Air Farce.

[When we aren't using A+*@$+#@(*$@+ ;-]

--
Ogden Johnson
(ne OJ III)