Old November 23rd 04, 04:42 PM
Bill Hale

Andrew Gideon wrote in message gonline.com...

I've had the Controlvision for a long time and I use the satphone.

I do not believe the wx pixels are greatly different. The pixels on
the AWM satphone are less than half the length of the typical runway.

They downsample the data to get reasonable size files.

If I were buying now, I'd probably get the wxworx. But I'm not in
a hurry to do so... the satphone gives me several things that are an
advantage: 1) Sat photos... very useful when tryiing to stay on top;
2) cheaper for the kind of flying I do... 3) can call FBOs for gas prices,
& call people in general. And for the most part it works fine.

The Ipaqs, make no mistake about it, are not such a hot platform. There
are differences among them that make the applications creators absolutely
NUTS!

The 4705 is great for the app. And I'm moving from cases of plates to
the pocket plates soluton. On the 4705 they look pretty good.

Donno about Gator, but AWM is constantly improving their app.

Either would be so much better than none. Even with strikefinders, I feel
naked these days without nextrad.

Bill Hale

Andrew Gideon wrote:

Has anyone compared these "head to head" since Controlvision has shifted
XM weather? When they still used the older download system, they'd
certain limits that compared poorly to the Airgator product (ie. the size
of a
"pixel" of weather was much larger). But since Controlvision
converted...?