Old July 26th 03, 07:38 PM
John Morgan

Minden, NV is the busiest glider + GA aircraft, non-tower controlled field
I've used. I fly both power and glider so have seen with both sides. At MEV,
gliders fly right traffic, power left, and from what I've seen, users are
acutely aware of the potential for conflicts while landing and taking off,
and use the radio accordingly.

When I take the runway with a non-glider, I transmit something like, "Mooney
'065 taking 34, intersection check with 30 . . . clear . . .". This, to let
the glider ops know that I've looked, checked, and determined the
intersection to be safe for my departure. It also gives any glider op the
opportunity to get on the radio and warn me of any potential conflict I may
not be aware of.

Since I have relatively little experience with gliding at MEV, it would be
good to hear from Al and other "old timers" who may have more info on any
past incidents between power and glider, if any, and the details.

--
bumper
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."
"Al" wrote in message
Minded is an example of what you are looking for.

Al

"rjciii" wrote in message
om...
For background informational purposes for an upcoming meeting with the
FAA concerning our ongoing complaint with respect to local
discriminatory rules conrolling glider operations, I request
information pertaining to any known glider operations at uncontrolled
pulic airfields with crossing runways.

Primarily, I need to know the name and location of the airfield, as
well as the name of the glider operation or club. Also, a description
of any procedures that may be in place to ensure deconfliction of
traffic at the runway intersection would be helpful.

The need for this information is time sensitive.

I may be contacted directly at:

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).