Old August 2nd 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Default The Idiot without the NOTAM

"js" == jsstevens writes:

js I realize I'm new to all this, ~75 hours, new plastic card and
js all, but I cannot imagine starting even a short cross country
js without looking up all this information and writing it on my
js flight planning log.

You will, at some point.

js my reaction to all this is if I ever get to OSH,
js I'll drive. My main remaining fear in flying is mid air
js collision and this seems like a prime recipie for that.

Nahhh...get another 100-200 hours, and 50-75 hours in the past
year, and you'll be good. Or fly it the first time with a more
experienced hand in the right seat.