Old September 22nd 03, 11:48 PM
Ron Natalie

"Michelle P" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The only things I have seen working on Ron and Margy's Navion is pretty
standard for an old airplane. Landing gear parts need overhauled
occasionally and the electrical system can be a pain. For a Small pane
it is fairly easy to work on.

It was Michelle who figured out that the reason our position lights kept blowing was
that during some upgrade (most likely the addition of the tip tanks) someone abandoned
a "live" wire inside the wing which would intermittantly ground out to the wing.
Gotta love 50 years of people tinkering with the plane.