Old April 21st 07, 01:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Doug Vetter

Default Hartzell AD Followup

Robert M. Gary wrote:
1) Hartzell has admited that the current hub has a design flaw and is
offering a beefed up hub to avoid the inspection.

Where did they admit this? Improving a design is not the same as
admitting that there is a design flaw in the previous version. I'm not
defending them...just pointing that out.

2) The new hub deal requires you have servicable blades. They will not
be able to put 30 year old blades on a new hub. Figure $6K to replace
blades and hub.

Since when does age have anything to do with it? If the blades meet
serviceable limits (various physical criteria), they'll be fine. I've
already been told that.

In any case, the higher the cost the more I can justify routine
inspections. We won't have the airplane forever.

-Doug

--
Doug Vetter, ATP/CFI

http://www.dvatp.com