Old June 22nd 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default Aeronca 11AC Chief Project FS

You really are a putz, Mr. Weir.

The airplane was groundlooped without any bridge abutments nearby.
Most any groundloop will do some damage to a steel tube fuselage. If
you had been around old airplanes to any degree you would already know
that. You'd also know that the damage from a groundloop RANGES from
"severely tweaked" to just a few tubes bent around the gear mounting.
This one's not severley tweaked.

No need to get huffy, Bill.

A while back we got a nice Chief with a questionable engine for just
over $10k.

No airframe damage - the airplane was flyable - and indeed I flew it
from Florida to Texas.

$8k for a bent airframe and questionable wings? No engine?
Sounds like, like it or not, a basket case.

For 6K?

I'd have to agree with Jim on this one...

Richard