Old May 4th 07, 01:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
William R Thompson

Default a hero passes

"André, PE1PQX" wrote:

If look at the wikipedia site on Wally Schirra, I see 2 different space
times: 295 hours and 15 minuts, and on the richt a time of 12 days, 7
hours and 12 minutes (295 hours and 12 minutes) a differance of 3
minutes...
What is the right space time???

I found these figures in some old NASA publicity books:

Sigma 7: 9 hours 13 minutes 11 seconds
Gemini 6: 25 hours 51 minutes 24 seconds
Apollo 7: 260 hours 9 minutes

which adds up to 295 hours 13 minutes.

And these figures in Kenneth Gatland's "Space Technology":

Sigma 7: 9 hours 13 minutes 11 seconds
Gemini 6: 25 hours 51 minutes 43 seconds
Apollo 7: 260 hours 9 minutes 3 seconds

which adds up to 295 hours 13 minutes 57 seconds.

--Bill Thompson