Old August 11th 03, 03:18 AM
Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo

Don Parker wrote:
"Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo" wrote in message

*** I love that flick! ["AIRPLANE"]

Damn, I wouldn't have guessed that in a hundred years!!

And Doc Tony replies, "If I told you once, I've told you a million times,
don't exagerate!"...

(:-))

Hey, Don, I could have used "AIRPORT 75" you know...the 'serious' one
[cough-cough] but then folks might recall the rumor that when 'you' went
to see it and suddenly Joe Petroni says to Murdoch [Charles Heston]
after the Jumbo took a hit, to wit, "My God! She's actually flying the
plane!" , well, word was you jumped up in your seat and bellowed at the
top of your lungs, "OHHHHHHH HORSE****! GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!"
whereupon pandemonium reportedly broke out in the theater!

The interesting part however was the report that Al Denelsbeck [I'll get
him to pipe up yet!] was also watching the flick in that theater and
thundered back, at 'YOU' that is, "DOWN IN FRONT, PLEASE!"

Said Al after the flick, "I don't know why Don reacted as vehemently as
he did since the stewa...ehhh... I mean the 'flight attendant' had been
briefed at least via some initial radio communication and, let's face
it, what does it take to disengage the AP knob once you know where it
is and then simply turn the yoke gently to the right!"

Countered Don, "C'mon Al, the Jumbo in that flick takes a mean hit when
ol' Dana Andrews does the Fred Sanford routine albeit the real thing and
then collides with the Jumbo and you're telling me that a totally
untrained flight attendant could start manually flying the Jumbo with
that kind of structural damage --and-- under such heavy stress? Does
that sound realistic to you even for a Hollywood flick?"

Quips Al, "You want 'realistic', Don --- how about Microsoft's claim
that with FS2004, hey, all you really need to 'share in the excitement'
and 'experience the challenges' and bag the desired results is, and I
quote, "a 450 MHz CPU with 64 MB of RAM [if using '98 or ME] and 128
megs [if using 2K or XP] and just 8MB of video RAM.....how's that for
sounding 'realistic'.... ."

Don: "A point!"

Doc Tony
;-)