Old August 30th 04, 05:14 PM
Ian Johnston

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 15:55:11 UTC, (Kirk Stant)
wrote:

: "Ian Johnston" wrote in message news:cCUlhtvFIYkV-pn2-BdEMqrRprN20@localhost...
: On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:02:44 UTC,
(Kirk Stant)
: wrote:
:
: : But you
: : shouldn't be jerking your head around while flying!
:
: Except to scan for other aircraft.

: It's tough to see other aircraft by rapidly moving your head - you
: need to stop and methodically scan areas of the sky.

Exactly. It's done with rapid movements and pauses rather than a
smooth motion. Which for many of us is the best way of inducing
nausea. I suspect that this is why so many people thermal with their
heads rigidly held in position. I find that rotating my head around a
true vertical axis, rather than the local one, works to reduce this -
ie scan across the hosiron, not across the wings.

Ian