Old December 23rd 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
abripl

Default Flying to Canada in experimental

I am interested in flying to Canada from US in my experimental (after
winter). Two questions.

1. I already got a copy of Transport Canada "STANDARDISED VALIDATION OF
A SPECIAL AIRWORTHINESS CERTIFICATE - EXPERIMENTAL,....." permit.

But section 9 says "except when otherwise directed by Air Traffic
Control, or in the event of an emergency, all flights shall be
conducted to avoid areas having heavy air traffic and to avoid cities,
towns, villages, and congested areas, or any other area where the
flights might create hazardous exposure to persons or property"
US experimental AW allow you overflight for purpose of landing at an
airport. What about flying over a town into a non towered airport in
Canada?

2. What term do you use for an experimental? In US it would be
"Experimental N21Q5". In Canada do you announce yourself with
Experimental or "what"?
SQ2000 canard http://www.abri.com/sq2000