Old April 19th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default Mooney M20C Questions

Although I have relatively little experience in this aircraft, the silver metal pump handle pumps the flaps down when the flap "lever" is in the down position, and the pump handle position didn't matter. (I always unconsciously pulled it back to the top stop whenever I used it however.) The flap "lever" is beside or immediately above the pump handle - I don't remember for sure.

I never saw anything labeled "Positive Control" on the bird I flew.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
"Greg Esres" wrote in message ups.com...
On the hydraulic flaps, does the position of the silver pump handle
have any bearing on whether or not the hydraulic pressure leaks out of
the flap, once they are extended? (The POH doesn't say that it does.)

There is some mechanism underneath the instrument panel that has some
adjustment for the Positive Control. What does it do, exactly?