Old April 19th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Mooney M20C Questions

On Apr 18, 8:27 pm, Greg Esres wrote:
the pump handle position didn't matter. (I always unconsciously
pulled it back to the top stop whenever I used it however.)

That's how I read the POH. However, the flaps seem to creep up
sometimes.

I never saw anything labeled "Positive Control" on the bird I
flew.

I thought they all had this? Probably no label....built-in wing
leveler.

Thanks

I'd instruction in a lot of Mooneys but I've not seen any that didn't
have at least the vac wing leveler autopilot. All the way back in the
early days of the C they had the wing leveler, and later offered an
upgrade to the electric Pathfinder system. The PC system had a check
valve as I recall to prevent leaks in the PC system (which most planes
have) from causing vac failures. Up until 1977 Mooneys were certified
with full-time autopilots (maybe the only plane so certified). The
autopilot was designed to be on all the time unless the pilot actively
held down a button to disable it. Turns are made by selecting left/
right on the controller. However, the A/P is easily over powered.

-Robert, CFII