Old April 9th 20, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Soaring Not Dead Everywhere

On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 10:04:18 PM UTC-4, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, April 8, 2020 at 10:52:55 AM UTC-7, Ramy wrote:
No doubt we risking spreading the virus to others the moment we leave home, especially if we are not careful.
No doubt we risking others when we introduce them to soaring or give them glider rides.
Think about it.
The safest thing is to stay home. Order groceries online and practice total isolation for months and hopefully you will not go stir crazy. I know I would.
Luckily, soaring is not dead everywhere.

Ramy

There is increasing evidence that most COVID transmission is airborne:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/113597...arket-lingers/
This is different from other infectious diseases that are transmitted by touching an infected surface. One reporter infected 4-5 friends at lunch and none touched any of the others or their food, plates or utensils. Wearing a mask does not protect you from an infected person - it protects others from you. CV size is 125nm; good air filters only catch 1000nm particles and non-medical grade masks don't stop it either. And if you do get sick it won't be like the flu - it will likely be worse, much worse.

Tom

Do viruses swim through the air like sperm going for a goal?