Old October 20th 03, 02:49 PM
Jack Cunniff

Tony writes:

Im looking to buy one of the Elite or ON TOP IFR simulators. If I wanted
to just buy the software and not the full stack could I still log the 10
hours toward my Instrument rating. Or would I be able to buy the
avionics stack the peddles and yoke off EBAY, and still get the logable
10 hours. Or do I have to buy the packages form AVstore or King. Does
anyone have these. Please tell me how you like them and are they worth
the money. I was also going to charge to let people that come from the
local FBO (make a few bucks back). Anything would help.

Thanks Tony

Have a look at AC No: 61-126 - I saw it online at
http://www.avidaviator.com/adcir61.html, there was a link from their page
selling the OnTop ATD package.

It's worth mentioning that you can't get any loggable credit for flying a
simulator unless it's approved, AND unless you've got a CFII giving you
instruction. There was a line in that Advisory Circular stating that "the
FAA has not authorized the use of PCATD's for conducting practical tests
nor for accomplishing recency of experience requirements".

-Jack