Old May 3rd 05, 11:30 PM
Gary Drescher

"Chris Schmelzer" wrote in message
Now I'm back home and want to fly with the club. My last flight in the
152 with my old instructor was within 100 days or so as was my last solo
in that aircraft. I inquired about getting checked out in the clubs
C172 and they are saying two full lesson slots, probably 4 hours of
instructor time (including re-proving navigation ability) for the 172,
despite me having 14 hours in the last 60 days in a C172.

But that isn't the big kicker! They won't let me fly the C152s! They
want me to do a full checkout (2-3 hours minimum) in the VERY 152s I was
solo signed off on just 3 months prior! Doesn't this seem a little
ridiculous?

I've rented from eight different FBOs from the east coast to the west coast.
All require a checkout ride in any make and model of plane that you haven't
rented from them within the previous 90 days. However, they only require a
one-hour checkout ride (if all goes well). And I believe (though I'm not
certain) that they would probably waive a 152 checkout if you're current
with them for 172s, and have flown their 152s in the fairly recent past.

--Gary