Old February 24th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default MOST UGLY GLIDER ?

NoSpam napisał(a):
Well if we are going to consider the context in which the particular
gliders were designed.. you can correct me if I am wrong, but I do
believe the entire PW line (including the PW5) was designed by
Engineering STUDENTS in the Warsaw Polytechnic and not by a professional
design bureau.

That's true.

PZL and now The Glider Factory in Jezow were/are
producing the glider but did not design it. As far as it's two
competitors for the world class the SZD-51and the AC4, the Junior is
definitely a very pretty and great flying bird, but I don't think the
Russia will win any beauty contests (IMHO)... either way, i would
rather fly any of these three, or the Cherokee II or the Woodstock for
that matter.. instead of sitting here on the ground wishing it was
spring

True again
I'm waiting for spring too

regards