Old March 9th 04, 04:47 PM
Mike Marron

(ArtKramr) wrote:

Since I started this thread on instructors who have have combat experience
versus those who have not, 100% of the replies were in favor of instructors who
have never been to combat.

Wrong. Favored instructors who have "never been to combat" are YOUR
words, not of those who replied. Go back and re-read the replies and
try to focus on the black parts (e.g: the words) and ignore the white
parts in between.

Many state that they would rather have an instructor who was skilled at
instructing suggesting that once you have been to combat you were
automatically a bad instructor. Hard to buy.

Wrong again. "Once you've been to combat you were automatically a
bad instructor" are YOUR words, not of those who replied. Go back and
re-read the replies and try to focus on the black parts (the words,
just the words) and ignore the white spaces in between the black
parts.

There is another factor. when you have an instructor who has never fought
and probably never will, and you know that you damn well will, he goes down
a notch in respect because he is in a job that "protects": him from combat while
you will soon be sent into the thick of it..

And once again, your simplistic, immature thought processes are all
wrong. I understand the urgency of the situation back in your day, but
your lack of a college education coupled with the hurried and
inadequate training you received in OTS is glaringly obvious still
to this day. The Army obviously allowed many marginal,
unteachable, snot-nosed, naive, "save-the-world-for-democracy"
idealistic 19-year old kids like you to slide on through the cracks
because as you're so fond of saying; "there was a war going on."
The unfortunate result of the Army rushing you off to war armed with
nothing but your contrived syllogisms, impaired logic and inability to
think critically is the pitiable and worsening case of Narcissistic
Personality Disorder from which you suffer.

So when we all talk of combat experiences and one among us
says " well I wasn't there, I was an instructor in the states" he is now
out of the loop..

Wrong again. Your consistently screwy logic shows that you're the
one whose "out of the loop," whether you realize it or not.

Not that his job wasn't critically important. It sure was. .

Congrats. The first CORRECT statement you've managed to say
in months, if not years....

At any rate things sure have changed since WW II.

Amazing. You're on a roll...the second CORRECT statement you've
managed to say in months if not years!

We considered a combat veteran as an instructor a gift from the gods.
Your mileage may vary.

Aren't you the squeeze ballsack who just the other day was sucking
up to Dudley, a NON-combat veteran? One of the many "facts of life"
lectures that you apparently missed during your inadequate and
abbreviated training back in the Dark Ages is that being trained by a
combat veteran is no guarantee of survival, and being trained by the
worst instructor in the squadron is no guarantee of death. It's called
it the "Golden BB" Rule. That's the one that gets you. Just ask the
unlucky ******* in the "high-tech" Apache who takes a stinkin' rocket
propelled grenade right up the snot locker.

As others have tried (in vain, I might add) to explain to you, when
talking about combat the variables are many and you don't specify
turn radius, climb rate, etc. and even if you did, there's always the
background...night or day, sun angle and umpteen other factors and
distractions that make the whole thing a crap shoot.

The bottom line is that simply because you happened to survive
combat that doesn't necessarily mean that you were GOOD in
combat. After all, we've only heard YOUR side of the story -- your
self-aggrandizing, mittyesque war stories constantly bragging about
how "good" you were and how "cowardly" everyone else was. But
until some other credible person steps forward and definitively backs
up all your boasts about how "good" Art Kramer was, taking anything
you say as the truth is at best, a leap of faith. And from where I'm
sitting, it appears that very few people are willing to take that
leap.