View Single Post
Old December 16th 18, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard DalCanto
external usenet poster

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

Hi Brett!
No offense taken - this will be my third and last glider. The V3 and JS3 were pretty equivalent at Worlds, so I just want the best handling, easiest flying “Ferrari” possible, because as humans we get tired, get older, and can make a mistake when we get complacent (and in Utah, I can be in strong turbulence 200 feet from a mountain at 10,000MSL and 5,000 above the valley floor). The first JS3s are just now arriving in the US, so there has literally not been a glider for me to even look at. There are also no V3s in Utah. I’m curious to know what part of the world you live in to already have a JS3? With so few JS3s in the world, I also wonder if you are sponsored or otherwise connected to Jonker? We can take this offline if taking it private affects your answers at all, because I would like to know how you feel the handling of the JS3 compares to your experience in the V2 (I have talked to Ken and others about the V3, but you are literally the only person I have found who has actually flown a JS3 - even the US agent for Jonker for the western US has not flown one yet!).

Thanks again,
Richard
To take it private, you can call, or text me your email to my cell 801-673-4943.