Old April 19th 19, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Taurus glider for sale

I was hoping JJ would post up about his fire damage repairs.

Right now at the HP shop we're doing a skunky project involving high-temperature epoxy systems. As part of it, we did some test on more pedestrian epoxies of the sort typically used in gliders. They appear to demonstrate that you can get them well above Tg and they'll still recover full strength when they cool down. Of course, how far above Tg you can safely get is hard to quantify.

...They are shocked that it has not been destroyed...

A corporate entity based in a former Soviet republic is surprised that airworthiness authorities did not seize and destroy the personal property of a private citizen?

Shocked, I tell you, Shocked!

(Bogie never did say "Play it again, Sam.")

--Bob K.