Old December 22nd 05, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr

Default FAA to enforce aircraft registration regulations

John_F wrote:
You are most likely correct. I expect that they will make you
re-register your aircraft every year and CHARGE you $$ for the
privilege or making the sky safer. HA!!! I will bet the total number
of errors in the data base goes up since they have to stir the entire
data base every year.

Now if you were a bad guy why would you obey the rules? The answer is
obvious to everyone but Washington bureaucrats. Use the call sign of
a aircraft that you saw that was just parked somewhere. The radar
can not tell the make model and color of the aircraft.

Are you sure of that? When I look up planes in the FAA registration
database, one of the pieces of data included is a "Mode S Code". I'm
not sure what that is but I always thought it was unique and can be
queried from a transponder. they may not have that capability now, but
if they start user fees they may upgrade, or even worse require us to.