Old September 10th 03, 02:59 AM
Marske Flying Wings

The unconventional slow speed in a stall attempt is still there. But I will
have another opportunty to try it again soon and record it more extensively
on video.

In the last few days I was able to hold the Marske Pioneer in the high angle
of attack position and rotate 360 degrees with holding the rudder fully to
the left. I also shifted the moveable weight around. If I enter the stall
too quickly the airflow detaches and I can only go to about 30 mph... but
with care I can go down to about 20 mph.

I wish in some way I was able to record the changes in the waxing this
season.... maybe I'll take the wax off at the end of the season and start
next spring to do some performance tests before and after waxing.

-mat.

"Bob Mowry" wrote in message
om...
What happens if you try the stall test with the waxed wings.

Inquiring minds want to know

-bob