Old July 1st 03, 03:32 AM
Mary Shafer

Default F-15 takeoffs

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 04:54:32 GMT, Guy Alcala
wrote:

Ah, I think I see where the confusion comes in. My "but" refers to them
probably not being low enough (at 50-100 feet AGL, if Bob's estimate is
accurate) to get the extra acceleration benefit from being in ground effect,

Just a confirmation that ground effect stops at about half the span
above the ground. We're talking about a fairly large airplane, not a
fighter, being in ground effect at 50-100'.

Mary

"Turn to kill, not to engage." LCDR Willie Driscoll, USN