Old December 10th 17, 05:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C

Default Akaflieg Karlsruhe AK-X

On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 7:00:10 PM UTC-7, Michael Opitz wrote:
Oops... I meant AK-X and not SB-13 at the end of my last post.
Meanwhile, TW seems to confirm my suspicions. The Me 163 had a
much lower aspect ratio, and a much stiffer wing than the Horten
designs. This probably eliminated the pitch oscillation issues from
the start..

RO

My father flew a 1-23 in the 1952 Nationals and said that the Horton had a very good max glide but at high speeds (for the time) the 1-23 was better. He thought it was due to lack torsional stiffness.

Mike