Old September 5th 18, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Perlan Yawstring

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 9:41:55 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Could someone sponsor them so they can get a Mark 1V yawstring instead of using a bit of white sticky tape? At 0:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRhK...ature=youtu.be

jpg,

I gave them two MKIV yaw strings (this was before Wings & Wheels took over the MKIV and QV business). Disappointed they didn't get installed. There are still a few odd "bumper made" parts on board, in the tow hook release, drogue parachute latch, control pulley cable guides and such - mostly as my hangar/machine shop was nearby and I work for cheeseburger credits, (if I'm ever homeless, I won't go hungry). The team did a huge amount of fitting out, fixing and redesigning systems on the glider after delivery, as it was nowhere near ready to go.