Old May 8th 19, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default When to apply gap seal tape

On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 4:56:57 PM UTC-4, soaringjac wrote:
I am going to be using 3M perfect it followed by WX Block/Seal. Just wondering when in the process i should apply the new gap seals? I think i read that the seals/tape does not stick too well to freshly WX block/sealed surfaces. Should i put them on now and then mask them off, and then do the whole 3M/WX block seal process?

You will get many opinions here, do what works for you! As for myself I do my waxing and clean the entire tape edge with a good cleaner such as acetone, or other high evaporating cleaner. Then apply the tape, it works for me.