Old March 12th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

wrote:
On Mar 11, 5:10 pm, Sam Spade wrote:

No glide slope for a LOC appraoch :-) to determine DH.

There is a timing table to determine the LOC MAP.

But of course you do know that the timing table is based on GS. What
if your GS was 68 knots Sam?

DME is your ONLY source to ensure that you are at MAP along WITH
timing. If you want to descend below MDA based on time alone AND no
DME, I sure wouldn't want to fly with you.

Of course I do NOT know that. The timing table is for the LOC MAP. DA
is your MAP for the ILS.

This newsgroup is so lacking in the fundamentals.