Old March 12th 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

On Mar 11, 8:09*pm, Sam Spade wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 11, 5:10 pm, Sam Spade wrote:

No glide slope for a LOC appraoch :-) to determine DH.

There is a timing table to determine the LOC MAP.

But of course you do know that the timing table is based on GS. * What
if your GS was 68 knots Sam?

DME is your ONLY source to ensure that you are at MAP along WITH
timing. * If you want to descend below MDA based on time alone AND no
DME, I sure wouldn't want to fly with you.

Of course I do NOT know that. *The timing table is for the LOC MAP. *DA
is your MAP for the ILS.

This newsgroup is so lacking in the fundamentals.

You imply Sam that timing alone is how you determine the MAP. I say
it's not.

DME determines when you can go below MDA which would be at MAP not 3
minutes 12 seconds.

Be my guest on descending below MDA at 3:12 without DME Sam. I won't
be in the plane with you as you come up short or even overshoot the
MAP due to headwinds or tailwind considerations.