Old May 2nd 05, 12:25 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Jay Beckman wrote:
Just as another point of reference, my PP-ASEL oral exam lasted approx 2 -
2.5 hours followed by 1.7hrs of flight time.

I looked back through my log books and found my private was 1.2 hours,
instrument was 1.8 hours, and commercial was 1.3 hours. I don't have any
notation indicating how long the orals were but they were probably similar; I
don't remember them being all that long... certainly not what the original
poster had mentioned.

What's driving me nuts is I lost a whole logbook; the one with my multiengine
rating and entire Part 135 career, such as it was. There is no way in hell I
threw it out just because I had stopped flying. I've looked everywhere...
except where it is, I guess. The first one has about 1150 hours in it and the
new one has about 3. The middle one has about 1500 hours in it, including about
700 of multi time. I'd pull out my hair if it hadn't already fallen out.

The FAA has the numbers on my successive flight physicals (I hope).

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE