Old April 16th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default 3rd class medical urinalysis?

On Apr 17, 7:05 am, "Finn" wrote:
Hi all, going for my medical soon and was wondering if I will be
subject to a drug-screen urinalysis as well as other urine tests. I've
tried looking for the info but could not find it. thanks, Jon

Finn

Why be concerned with a drug screen? The two main reasons why people
might worry about a drug screen a
1) An idiot who is using illegal drugs which will prevent him/her from
being a good pilot
2) An idiot's attempt to hide a serious medical condition that would
impair his/her ability to fly

If niether of these apply to you, then are you trolling? Some may
think that drug use may only be picked up during a medical but that is
not the case. If you read FAR 91.17 carefully I think you will see
that a drug test can be performed anytime you fly an aircraft -if any
administrator or police officer has a suspicion you may be using drugs
or alcohol. But flying is a big enough high all by ityself so why
would you want to use drugs... (Why not spend the $ on actual
flight?).

Cheers